Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still looking for a home

Well, it's almost the end of November and still no home for our monthly meetings. Still haven't given up. Can't. A few leads. If you weren't at the Poetry Forum a couple weeks back in NYC you missed a pretty wonderful thing...Gary Snyder, Sharon Olds, all the bigshots, but Kay Ryan really stole the show. For a gal like me it was the perfect day - listening to amazing poets talk about my favorite topic. Tomorrow we ( some fellow PPP members) are visiting the Merrill House ( where James M. lived) in Stonington, CT where the resident poet has promised us a tour and poetry talk. ML assures me he is a most kind-hearted man. Oh, and happy birthday to two of my favorite local poets, ML and Jake, who keep me going with this poetry thing.

No comments: