Monday, December 1, 2008

December blues

Pier Poetry Reading Postponed! For any and everyone just a note that this particular poetry lover suffers a mighty headcold and is postponing tonight's reading until next month. Things are looking up as far as a semi-permanent venue. We may have a warm weather space in Narragansett Pier come spring. Hey, it's indoors, an art gallery, but no heat... more later. Let's try to gather at Brewed Awakenings in January to bring in 2009 and ( let's hope ) better times for all on the planet.
Peace,
Andrea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all it's Shannon
Sorry to hear you're under the weather Andrea but I am glad you found a place to read. I will be able to attend soon my second job is almost done.
Here's one for the road...


Terrace Over The Green

I will not pander
To your whimsy
& trials by defibrillator
under the bleak of damsels
dressed in daisies.

I will not pander,
(Just-in-case you forgot)
To your flimsy
Fabrications of truths by
A juxtaposition of “the us”.

I will not pander,
To your tizzy
To your flailing six-pack
Or the blemishes
You hold into the freeze.

I will not pander,
But maybe I will beg
a plea to the Just
a whim to lose your faith
over the ceiling of questions.

I will not pander,
To you, your lushness
To the flimsy tizzy
Truths of being feral
Or my desires to be a herald.

Andrea said...

Oh, I really like this Shannon. Really. Why don't you join our little writing group? Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Andrea

Mary-Lou said...

Ah, but there is something so alluring about the lush and the feral...the temptation to pander is about us all the time...no? The refrain will stay with me, though...and some poor unexpecting family member is going to end up hearing me say, "I will not pander..." and wonder what the devil I'm about this time! Thanks Shannon! M-L