Monday, March 30, 2009

Thursday afternoon with D.A. Powell

It was good to be in the cozy Hoffman Lounge ( is it a lounge or a room?) last Thursday surrounded by people who care about poetry. D.A. Powell has a wonderful, dreamy voice, at least to this listener, and he savored each word so deliberately it reminded me of why it is so essential to listen to a poet read his/her work aloud. Glad to see the old members of the "avant garde poetry society" ( I think we should name ourselves that)... Shannon and Tatiana. The brie and crackers were delicious! Thank you Peter Covino for everything you do ( even if you told me you never read blogs) and everybody do come to the next southside of the state poetry reading which I believe will be on May 4th, at 6 P.M. at Perks and Corks in Westerly, RI. They have very good martinis I've been told. More info to follow.

No comments: